Sunday, March 6, 2011

Romanian Orthodox






We were in Vadu Izei on Sunday and there were no LDS meetings anywhere remotely close so we decided to see some more of the Romanian culture and so we went to a Romanian Orthodox meeting...then later we had our own Sunday school lesson/discussion on the train ride home. :)
The church was pretty close so we decided to walk to it. It was such a pretty walk.
It was very interesting because I have never been to an Orthodox meeting. I was very confused most of the time because it was in Romanian...it was a three hour long ceremony where we were either standing or kneeling. There were no pews because they believe that it is disrespectful to sit in the presence of God. It was neat to see young and old standing and when the time was right, kneeling. I never knew when the time was right to kneel...when I starting feeling rather tall(Which hardly ever happens..haha)I realized that everyone around me was starting to kneel. :) The church was so beautiful, all the walls were painted, inside and out in bright stories from the bible and the older woman in the congregation were all wearing bright and colorful traditional Romanian clothing so everything was a beautiful sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment