Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vadu Izei





As I mentioned before the home stay that I stayed in in Vadu Izei reminded me of the musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, it was awesome! :) It was a little cold but with snow all over the place everything was so beautiful! One morning we had a Romanian breakfast at the home stay owner's house. It was just a slice of bread and then you could put jam, cheese and meat, honey, or a veggie spread on it. The drink was warm milk...straight from the cow...floaties included...haha I learned that morning that I do not like warm milk straight from the cow...haha yuck! But I didn't want to be a bad guest so I drank a little more than half of it...it gives me a bad taste in my mouth just thinking about it...haha In the picture all of us girls look so tired, but don't worry, we all took a nap later that day! :)
There was a tree with a bunch of pots in it and when we asked the owner's wife why there were pots in the tree she told us it is because in the summer they cook outside and so it is easier to clean and then dry the pots by hanging on the tree so that they don't have to walk back inside! Haha...but also because of a tradition that they have in Vadu Izei. If the top pot is white that is a signal for the boys that there is a single girl living there...new BYU tradition? Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment