While on our trip, after we visited the wooden church and before we visited the communist museum we went to a little town, called Săpânţă, with a cemetery where all of the tombs were a beautiful blue with tiles on them. The cemetery was called Merry Cemetery. Every single tombstone had a poem on it about the person's life. Me and some of the girls translated a couple of the poems; just a side note...Romanians know there poetry. At a Seara de familia(FHE) activity a while back for the Romanian day of love we played a game where someone read a poem and we had to guess who the poet was...they had both English and Romanian poems. I only got one English poet right...Shakespeare...haha but the native Romanians got nearly all of the Romanian poets right! I guess that they study poetry more in school than we do!...Or maybe I just did not learn all the poetry that I was supposed to....haha
But anyways, it was a really beautiful cemetery. The pictures don't do it justice. Oh and the picture with the Romanian man looking at the camera was our taxi driver for the morning. He was really awesome and he kept asking us questions in Romanian and I understood him for the most part! (They speak slower in the country than they do in the city where I live)
No comments:
Post a Comment