Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Last of Braşov!..and Bucharest...wait, what?!










We saw so many awesome things while we were in Braşov, and how could we leave until we saw a wooden church! I had already seen the tallest steeple on a wooden church in Europe so this little wooden church was cute and little.
We were in Braşov over the weekend and so for church on Sunday we were going to go to the LDS Branch there. We called the sister missionaries Saturday night to get directions and found out that they were having district conference in Bucharest on Sunday so there was going to be no meeting in Braşov. Bucharest is a three hour train ride from Braşov and so two of the girls and I decided to get on a train at 4 am Sunday morning and go to district conference. It was an awesome meeting, all of it was in Romanian except for one talk which was in English and translated into Romanian. I was surprised at how much that I understood, I even took notes! :) It was a great atmosphere to be in! After the meeting we had a picnic on the church's lawn and walked around the city a little bit. We saw the outside of the Palace of the People (the second largest building in the World after the Pentagon) It is huge! there was a wall going all the way around it and so we tried to look over the wall by standing on a pole. The picture with a park bench in it is of the Gara de Nord, the train station in Bucharest. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment