We left Iaşi Friday night and got onto our train, a sleeper train! :) I really liked sleeping on the train. The only problem was that we had to change trains at 3am...to a non sleeper train. Luckily I was able to sleep pretty well on both train rides and so I was pretty rested when we got to Maramureş.
Once we got to Maramureş we took a taxi ride to where we were going to be staying. It was a traditional Romanian home stay. In a little village called Vadu Izei. It was awesome! I felt like I was in the musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! The home stay was a little cabin with two rooms upstairs (one with three beds in it, and one with two beds in it, perfect for my group of five) and a bathroom downstairs, and then the office of the owner also downstairs, so we had the whole house for ourselves! In the picture my home stay is the house on the right.
Love the reference to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! It looks so picturesque! :D
ReplyDelete