A little earlier in my blog I put up a picture of some crap that we found at the store....(the Romanian word for Carp)...
Well, a couple of days ago, I had some crap on a piece of bread...haha it was kind of fishy tasting...not my favorite...not even close...in fact, I would be totally fine if I never had crap again! Haha...but I ate all of it, and I will probably have to eat it again sometime...haha
There is a lady that I work with who always brings food from home; she always feeds me...and it makes her really happy when I eat the food she brings, so I eat it...all of it...and then she gives me more....haha
I have found that Romanians eat a lot of bread, but then they just spread whatever they want to thickly onto the bread: cheese, crap, eggplant salad, you name it! :) A very popular spread that my worker likes is this veggie spread, which sounds tasty, but trust me...it is not the best thing that I have ever eaten...haha I don't know exactly what is in it...but I am not a picky eater, and I am not very fond of it. Haha Well, whenever she is working she gives me a big slap of bread covered in veggie goodness...haha..so oh course I eat all of it!...so naturally she makes me a second helping!
One day she had chunks of raw onions, bread, and interesting cheese block things. So, you guessed it!...I had bad breath that morning...haha I ate up the onion and the cheese thing so that I could wash it down with the bread, but when she saw that I had extra bread, she gave me another cheese chunk! :) It is so nice of her to feed me. And it is such a good experience for me to try all new kinds of food, and eat all of it, even if I do not really want to. :)
Most of the food that I have tried here has been good, but some things you just have to eat, even if it is not your favorite...so today I am grateful for an apparently strong stomach! :)
oh my, it's like your on a mission and you have to eat everything you are given. yuck! I miss ya lady.
ReplyDeleteI love eating foods from different countries! When I was in Copenhagen, we had smorgasbord and some little fishy things on crackers. It was...very ethnic. :)
ReplyDeleteI can testify to the fact that Megan is NOT a picky eater! Anyone who was a witness to the Hardy/Castle eating showdown knows that Megan likes to eat food..a lot. So if she says it doesn't taste very good...
ReplyDelete