Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am still Romanian...but it's draining...ha

Today I talked with one of the ladies that I talked with yesterday, but today the 10 year old was gone so it was just me being questioned, with no escape! Haha...just kidding, kind of...As soon as I walked into the room the lady said, "Come over here, sit over here." So me and one other girl in my group came in and played with a girl and talked with the young mom. It was harder today because she was talking so fast and asking me way more questions than yesterday! (I went on a weekend trip this last weekend to a country part of Romania, Maramureş, where they talk nice and slow so that I can understand them better...apparently Iaşi, where I live, is where people talk the fastest in all of Romania...ha ha for me. :) I will tell all about my trip soon!...it was awesome.)
Well, amazingly I was able to understand a lot of what the lady was asking me, and I was able to communicate back to her! Well enough that she thought that I understood everything...it was kind of funny because she asked the other girl I was with a question and then quickly stopped and said,(In Romanian) "Wait. You don't understand", then she looked at me and said, "You are the one who understands". And she asked me the question! Haha...fortunately I was able to answer her question...haha
After I left the room I had to stop and take a break!...I was so mentally drained. It's hard to try and translate fast enough, and then also think of a response, all in your head!...especially doing all of this to have an actual conversation with a native speaker. Trust me. I know now. :)...But I am still Romanian. :) Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment