Friday, January 21, 2011

Slippers!!!!!


We found out that most Romanians think that it is weird to not wear slippers on your feet inside...I guess it is winter outside...haha and socks don't count! So we all bought some slippers at the store!...mine are the red ones on the right.
I was also told by a native Romanian at church that I looked Romanian!...not only because I have brown hair, everyone has brown hair, but he said that my face looks like a Romanian face. :) Haha Apparently out of the five girls here from BYU only me and one other girl, Sara, actually look Romanian. And it's true!...one day Sara and I had to run to the store and we took the elevator in our building with an older Romanian guy. He totally thought that we were Romanian until he asked us a question in Romania and it took us a moment to realize what he was saying. Then he realized that we didn't really know what he was saying and he said in English, "Ah...Americans." Haha...but he was really nice and spoke some more in Romanian, a little slower for us. But that shows that when Sara and I are together people think that we are Romanians!...until they ask us a question. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment